Humpback Fly Facts
- Humpback Flies are ⅛ of an inch in length.
- Humpback Flies are brown in color.
What Are Humpback Flies?
Humpback flies thrive in areas with decaying organic matter such as leaf litter, wood and decomposing animals. They do not bite humans but can spread diseases. Remove any accumulated organic debris from the exterior and keep vegetation away from the foundation. Keep trash containers clean and seal any visible cracks on the exterior of your home.
- Abundant in decaying plant or animal matter;
- Breed in moist areas;
- Active in the winter months;
- Most abundant in warm months;