Some people think that winter pests dont exist in Charlotte, NC but they most certainly do, and infestations are no joking matter! It is much easier to prevent a pest problem than to face one head on. Wintertime attracts termites, stink bugs, roaches and other crawling critters into your home through the cracks and crevices in your walls, chimneys and other entryways unless you take proper preventive precautions.
What to Do for Winter Pest Issues
Pests target the warmth in your home as a safe and appealing place to survive the winter. Heres a list of destructive qualities of pests that you can avoid altogether this winter through prevention:
– Physical damage to the structure of your home and personal belongings
– Contamination of walls and surfaces
-Infestation of food products
– Adverse effects to your health by spreading germs and irritating allergies
– Disruption to your comfort and sense of well-being
Spiders, mice, roaches, termites and more are some examples of the critters you could find in your family room, garage and basement so best practice is to take action and prevent the problem before it starts.
To safeguard your home from pests this winter, here are some pest control and prevention tips:
– Seal up cracks in the walls, ceilings and flooring when first cold hits
– Block entryways, fix window screens and chimney screens
– Maintain a clean yard free of debris
– Avoid leaving standing water or damp spots
– Clean up potential nesting areas and remove cobwebs
If you find unwanted critters like ants, roaches or mice have already entered your home to escape the cold, call a pest management company like Truly Nolen Charlotte who can end the infestation promptly and manage further prevention. If you would like to take precautionary measures to safeguard your home against pests, Truly Nolen Charlotte also specializes in pest prevention programs.